Swimwear Design Assistant (Internship/ Full time)
About the role:
This is an exciting opportunity for a candidate who is looking for a new challenge within a small, fun and fast-growing company. The position allows you to gain experience in the design, wholesale and retail of a luxury brand.
We are offering a work experience placement with the potential to become permanent member of the team post internship. Alongside supporting the designer with the own brand collection, you will be required to help with the Bespoke Service we offer in store; conduct design consultations with clients, discuss their ideas and requirements and then translate these designs to patterns and then the final garment. All the patterns, designing and garment construction for the bespoke service are done on site.
- Assist in the consultations where possible
- Assist with the translations of customer designs into patterns.
- Assist with toile’s and possibly final garment construction.
- Assisting with all aspects of own label collection
- Sourcing materials/ attending trade shows
- Presenting trends and design ideas
- Working drawings/ line sheets / CADS/ Print work
- Specification packs
- Production co-ordination
- Support the retail side of the business – shop floor cover if required
- Instruction on fits and styles for specific consumers
- Day-to-day shop activities - till and sales operation
- Fashion Design Womenswear/ Contour/ Swimwear degree
- Great computer skills including Microsoft office and CAD: Photoshop, Adobe and Illustrator
- Ability to pattern cut and knowledge of how to sew swimwear
- Natural flair in styling and fitting swimwear
- Great time management skills with the ability to priorities tasks and work in fast moving and reactive business with multiple deadlines
Mon – Fri (10.30am- 18:30pm)
Address:55b Old Church Street, Chelsea, London, SW3 5BS
Please send covering letter and CV to Claudine Davies.
email@example.com +44 207 349 0430